I searched the fridge and collected the veggies I had on hand, mixed them with some other ingredients, and spices and VOILA!...scrumptious veggie stuffed peppers!
Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
3 medium bell peppers
2 carrots, chopped
1 cup cooked brown rice (or grain of your choice)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2-3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1/4-1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Rinse the bell peppers and remove their tops. Line them in a baking dish (not on a cookie sheet).
3. In a bowl, combine the carrots, rice, tomatoes, parsley, black beans, spaghetti sauce, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and sprinkle of salt and toss.
4. Fill each pepper with the tomato-rice mixture to the very top and smash down with a spoon...add more mixture until you can't squeeze any more in!
5. Pour water (amount depending on the size of your pan) into bottom of baking dish.
6. Place stuffed peppers into heated oven and cook for 45 minutes.
|Grainy, fibrous, and bursting with flavor|
|Bright and beautiful|
Dig in and relish!